Top Gun's Blog
- You’re Moving to a Lake Conroe Property and Need to Have a Yard Sale…....
- How to apply for a Mortgage with Bad Credit
- Choosing a School When You Relocate
- Surviving a Move with Your Cat
- Helping Your Dog Survive a Move
- Taking the Stress Out of Home Improvements
- A Large Grocery Retailer Is Coming To Montgomery!
- Lake Conroe Water Level Rising
- Buyers and Sellers - Protect Yourself From A Low Appraisal
- What Should I Ask When Hiring a Real Estate Agent?
- Don’t Prevent Your Home From Selling!
- Toyota Texas Bass Classic Returns!
- 3 Easy Ways To Get TOP DOLLAR For Your Home
- Are you a Veteran wanting to buy a home?
- Little Known Facts About Historic Montgomery, Texas
- First Time Homebuyers
- Real Estate Tips
- Land/Farm and Ranch Properties
- Commercial Properties
Are you a Veteran wanting to buy a home?
Veterans Land Board Loan Program FAQs
- The VLB home loan program can be used to buy single family homes, town homes, condos, and 2-4 unit properties. In addition, some manufactured homes are also eligible. The property must be located in Texas and the borrowers primary residence.
- There are 3 forms on the VLB website that the homebuyer's Realtor or lender must complete and submit for approval. Veterans must also provide discharge or honorable separation. Form DD-214.
- The process for approval takes approximately 2 business days.
- Any veteran who served on active duty for at least 90 days, was separated from the military with honorable discharge or honorable conditions and is a Texas resident is eligible to take advantage of the VLB loan programs, subject to credit approval. Unmarried surviving spouses can also apply.
- Interest rates are usually below market and are set weekly. Rates are published at 5pm every Friday on the VLB website.
For more information visit www.TexasVeterans.com or contact Keith Robertson at 936-582-1700